The Pediatric Department is an environment designed to reassure children.
Along with a professional staff with many years of experience in treating
children, this environment encourages a speedier recovery.
Features of the Pediatric Department:
- All staff have specialized training in caring for children
- All registered nurses in the Pediatric Department are or are becoming certified
in Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Educational materials are available to help explain your child’s illness
- All rooms are private
- Every room is equipped with wide-screen TVs and video game stations are
available by request
- A toy room is fully stocked with DVDs, video games, books, board games,
puzzles, wagons, and toys to make your child’s stay as pleasurable
- We also offer pet therapy dogs – only with your permission
Frequently Asked Questions
May I stay with my child?
Yes, definitely. Parents are encouraged to visit 24 hours a day. We promote
at least one adult to stay with the child at all times.
Who is allowed to visit?
If your child’s condition permits, brothers and sisters may visit
during the day and evening, as long as they do not have any signs of illness.
Other visitors are allowed during the day and evening depending on your
child’s condition and what you want.
For more information about the Pediatric Unit, comments and questions or
for a tour of the Pediatric unit, please call 828.326.3907