Maternity Services Prenatal Clinic
Individual Care and Group Prenatal Care
The CVMC Maternity Services program offers traditional individual care
and group prenatal care models and features our outstanding team of Certified
Nurse-Midwives with more than 130 years of combined experience. The offices
are conveniently located inside the
Catawba County Public Health Building, which is behind the hospital grounds and the new entrance to the CVMC
Center for Women & Children’s Services.
Maternity Services program offers:
- Collaborative Physician/Midwife care offered for high-risk pregnancies.
- Affordable childbirth education classes for our patients, which can be
billed to insurance.
- Access to Certified Nurse-Midwives at the birthing center around the clock
for phone calls or concerns.
- Ultrasound and lab available on site.
- Easy access onsite to Public Health Services including: WIC Services, breastfeeding
support and mentors, Adult Health services for birth control options,
- Compassionate, friendly and family-centered care during prenatal visits
and individualized birthing plans encouraged.
- Centering group prenatal care offered as an option for increased support
- Mother’s personal and cultural preferences respected regarding her
birth and care for her baby.
- All languages welcome and translation services available.
- The option for VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section) is available.
- Tubal ligation after delivery available with advance planning, for most
women regardless of ability to pay.
- Billing available for Medicaid and most private insurances, payment plans
and discounts available.
- A representative of the Public Health Dental Clinic is available to schedule
appointments for our patients.
Meet our current team of Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) dedicated to caring
for expectant mothers:
CNM, DNP, EFM-C
CNM, RN, MPH, NEA-BC
V. Alayne Gaston
CNM, BS, MSN, ND
For more information or to set up an appointment, please call 828.466.7196
Monday - Thursday.
Location | Patients can access CVMC’s Maternity Services program
by entering the Catawba County Public Health building, located directly
behind Catawba Valley Medical Center at 3070 11th Avenue Drive SE.
Click here for a campus map