The Women & Children’s Pavilion encompasses all aspects of care
for your maternity and infant needs. From maternal transport to neonatal
intensive care, we are able to provide care close to home. During pregnancy,
our Birthing Center offers a variety of childbirth and child-care classes,
including monthly prenatal classes and tours designed to make the entire
family feel more comfortable during this exciting time. Each room in the
Birthing Center provides new mothers with the latest in convenience, comfort,
and technology. Each phase of the birth experience: labor, delivery, and
recovery, takes place in a cozy suite designed to reflect the familiar
comforts of home.
- 18 spacious labor/delivery/recovery suites offer advanced equipment including
new fetal and maternal monitors, telemetry capacity for wireless monitoring
while allowing freedom of movement, deep tubs in every room to promote
relaxation and comfort for labor and after delivery and built-in baby
equipment including oxygen blenders when needed.
- Sleeper sofas selected to provide comfort and rest without separation from
mom or baby during the most important first days of life.
- Comfort stations located throughout the unit to allow easy access to healthy
snacks and drinks.
C-section and recovery suite specially designed to minimize separation from your baby or significant
other during surgery.
- A specialty five-bed triage unit for short term stays of just a few hours,
each with its own private bathroom and flat screen TV.
- Level 1 Nursery, also known as the Well-Baby Nursery, which provides postnatal
care for healthy, newborn babies
- CVMC’s specialty trained and certified labor nurses and lactation
consultants to provide all the support, education, and expertise your
family will need.
The POD – our maternal child education center provides various high-quality
programs to assist the new family throughout the childbirth experience.
- A parking lot conveniently adjacent to the main entrance for labor and delivery.
Catawba Valley Medical Center received the Women’s Choice Award from
WomenCertified distinguishing it as one of the Best Hospitals for Patient
Experience in Obstetrics in 2013 - 2018.
For a tour of the Birthing Center, please sign up via our
online calendar or contact our Education Center at
Interested in learning more about our Birthing Center? The Birthing Center
Director, Rachel Pitts, can be reached at 828.326.2298.