Patient Medication Delivery Program
Meds-to-Beds is a concierge bedside service that delivers discharge prescriptions
to patients prior to leaving their hospital room at no additional cost
to the patient. All patients being discharged from Catawba Valley Medical
Center are eligible for this service.
How It Works
- If a patient is being prescribed NEW medication or medication pertaining
to their hospitalization, they will be given the option to choose the
complimentary Meds2Beds service by their discharge nurse
- If a patient would like their Rx filled prior to leaving the hospital,
the discharge nurse will notify Outpatient Pharmacy
- Outpatient Pharmacy will fill the prescription and a pharmacy staff member
will deliver the medication directly to the patient’s room where
they will be available to counsel the patient on the prescribed medication
- Insurance (Most prescription insurance plans are accepted including Medicaid
- Credit card
- Debit card
- NO cash or checks will be accepted Cannot be added to inpatient bill
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5pm. Closed on weekends & holidays.
- This service is only available for NEW prescription medications
- NO refills will be given. If a prescription includes refills they will
be transferred to the patient’s retail pharmacy of choice.
To contact Outpatient Pharmacy Services, call 828.326.3310 or fax 828.326.3407