Community Benefit Report
We’re Proud to be known as a Hospital our Community can count on.
Community Benefit Report Fiscal Year 2016
Saving lives, restoring health and providing jobs are just the beginning
of hospitals’ contributions to their communities. Hospitals and
their employees positively affect almost every aspect of community life.
That is why the N.C. Hospital Association worked with hospitals to create
a fair, standard and comparable Community Benefit Report. Catawba Valley
Medical Center participated on the committee that created the definitions
and has compiled the following report according to the defined guidelines.
The reported amounts are based on actual costs rather than charges, which
vary by hospital.
Community Benefits 2016
- Estimated Costs of Treating Charity Care Patients
- Estimated Unreimbursed Costs of Treating Medicaid and Medicare Patients
- Estimated Unreimbursed Costs of Treating Patients from Other means tested
- Community Health Improvement Services & Community Benefit Operations
- Cash and In-kind Contributions to Community Groups
- Community Building Activities
- Total Community Benefits with Settlements and Extraordinary Adjustments
Bad Debt Costs
- Estimated Costs of Treating Patients with Bad Debt